- About SSRL
- SSRL News
- User Resources
- Beam Lines
- Science at SSRL
- Staff Resources
- Contact Us
* IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ACCESS TO SLAC: To gain access to SLAC, all users must be registered on the SSRL/LCLS user portal and be listed on a scheduled experiment (this will alert Security and the VUE Center). Please coordinate other meetings or visits with your SSRL BL or floor support staff, or contact the URA office for assistance.
* CONFIRM THAT YOUR INSTITUTION HAS EXECUTED A USER AGREEMENT -- THIS IS REQUIRED FOR ALL USERS AND MUST BE COMPLETED IN ADVANCE BY THE APPROPRIATE USER INSTITUTION OFFICIAL IN ORDER TO ACCESS OUR FACILITIES.
* STAY INFORMED: Subscribe to SSRL Headline News by sending an e-mail to with "subscribe ssrl-headlines" in the body.
* LODGING: Reserve rooms at the GUEST HOUSE using the new SLAC User Reservations Portal to access rooms and rates not accessible to other guests (specify SSRL, proposal number and spokesperson when making reservations through the user reservations portal).
* FOOD OPTIONS: The SLACafé has re-opened, Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm! Other FOOD OPTIONS at SLAC include Starbucks or the EAT Club (pre-order lunch for delivery ~noon to SLAC/SSRL Bldg. 120). A few restaurants deliver to SLAC Main Gate/Guest House or offer discounts.
WORK SAFELY: Be aware and exercise caution when visiting SLAC, particularly during construction. Contact Security if help is needed or to report any problems or suspicous activity: 650-926-2551. For EMERGENCIES, CALL 911 OR 5555.
|Planning Ahead||Getting Beam Time|
Onsite Logistics and Additional Resources
We take very seriously the challenges of safety and security here. Please review the access guidelines which are intended to call your attention to information related to visits to SLAC. The user office is here to help!
SSRL is a member of Lightsources.org, a collaborative website among international light source facilities for sharing information and updates about light sources. Lightsources.org is a regularly updated global resource for news and science highlights, facility capabilities and contacts, conferences and events, opportunities for jobs and international collaborations, as well as photos, videos, education and outreach resources. Subscribe to keep up with the latest news and developments.
National User Facility Organization (NUFO)
NUFO represents the interests of all users who conduct research at U.S. national scientific user facilities, as well as scientists from U.S. universities, laboratories, and industry who use international facilities. NUFO’s primary mission is to facilitate communication among users, facility administrators, and other stakeholders on topics of importance to the facilities and to raise awareness about the science conducted and technology advances made at national user facilities.