- About SSRL
- SSRL News
- User Resources
- Beam Lines
- Science at SSRL
- Staff Resources
- Contact Us
SSRL generally operates November through August, using the shutdown period for upgrades and maintenance projects. SSRL operates at 500mA and employs a frequent fill schedule to maintain the SPEAR3 current approximately constant. Automatic injections will be conducted every 5 minutes. Automatic injections will only occur at the designated 5 minute intervals (i.e., on the hour and every 5 minutes thereafter). If the injector is not functional at the designated fill time, then the fill will be skipped. The current will be replenished at the next scheduled fill time after the injector is repaired and normal injection intervals will resume. The operator will give an audible announcement prior to first injection if the current has decreased more than 10%.
Beam time shifts with the "low alpha" operating mode are scheduled periodically. During these low alpha shifts, SSRL will operate with reduced current in the 100 mA range and top off will be less frequent depending on user requirements, anticipated every 20 minutes rather than every 5 minutes. The next "low alpha" modes are scheduled:
- 0600 Friday, February 7, 2014 through 0600 Monday, February 10, 2014
- 0600 Friday, April 18, 2014 through 0600 Monday, April 21, 2014
- 0600 Friday, June 13, 2014 through 0600 Monday, June 16, 2014
Check the user portal for beam time allocations (and to accept beam time).
SSRL User Beam Time Schedules
- 2013-2014 X-ray Schedule (November 2013 through May 2014)
- 2013-2014 VUV Schedule (November 2013 through May 2014)
- 2013-2014 Macromolecular Crystallography Schedule (Nov 2013 through March 2014) (Support Staff Schedule)
- BL13-1/2/3 November 2013-February 2014 Schedule
BL13-1/2/3 February-May 2014 Schedule
- NOTE: Beam time on BL13 is shared and coordinated among 3 end stations in 12 hour blocks with changeovers usually twice daily at 6 am and 6 pm/18:00. Consult BL staff for details.
- Scheduling Procedures
- Previous User Experimental Run Schedules