February 9, 2001 SPEAR3 Mini-Lehman Review
Comments on Technical Systems
- Main magnet designs have been completed. Prototype dipole, quadrupole
and sextupole magnets meet design specifications and have been accepted
by the project.
- Standard girder vacuum chambers are in production. The first machined
QEC chambers have arrived and production welding will begin in March.
- The RF cavities are on track for FY2001 delivery. The 1.2 MW klystron
will undergo acceptance testing later this month.
- The accelerator physics program is steadily making progress and meeting
- The I&C system continues to fefine the computer control system;
hardware is being tested.
- The project has formalized agreements to utilize SLAC resources for the
SPEAR3 cable plant.
- The project completed concrete pours and shielding work in the East and
West Pit areas on schedule. Costs were over budget primarily due to the
bidding environment resulting in only one bidder for the job.