2575 Sand Hill Road, MS: 99, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA Tel: 650-926-4000 | Fax: 650-926-4100
BL4-2 Bio-SAXS Rapid Access Application Form
- Blocks of 3 shifts, including first shift for change-over and setup, are set aside periodically for Rapid Access beam time. Applications are reviewed by SSRL's SMB & Biophysics Proposal Review Panel for scientific merit and feasibility.
- Rapid Access will in general only be granted once for a user group during a single scheduling period.
- Only one project per Principal Investigator may be scheduled for Rapid Access time within a given month. If multiple spokespersons in a group submit applications, the PI will be asked to set priority for scheduling the experiments.
- Spokespersons should expect to hear back from SSRL within two weeks of submittal. Priority will be given to applications with the highest ranking among the submissions for a given deadline. If the application has been approved for beam time but assigned a lower ranking, it will be put on a waiting list for beam time during the next block of Rapid Access time or for consideration to fill cancellations of regularly scheduled beam time.
- Use Agreement(s) must be fully executed between Stanford University and the spokesperson's home institution and all collaborator institutions (if personnel physically coming to SSRL) before beam time.