» Schedule an appointment or call
If you have not yet completed laboratory training, training is available Monday thru Friday at 10:00am and 3:00pm or by appointment. Please note that every individual who will access the Sample Preparation Labs must complete laboratory training.
Resources & Links
"Things to Remember" Checklist
In order to use the Sample Preparation Laboratories at SSRL it is important that you properly fill out forms, schedule lab training, and submit your User Access Agreement within the appropriate deadlines. We have provided a checklist below to help guide you through this process.
- Have you reviewed important dates and upcoming deadlines?
- Did you submit your Beam Time Request by the appropriate deadline? Review or submit your Beam Time Request through URAWI?
- Did you list all chemicals and samples you plan to bring?
- Forgot something? Need to change something? Contact Cathy Knotts in User Administration
- Did you submit your Support Requests at least 2 weeks in advance?
- Remember to check off your all laboratory needs in the Sample Preparation Laboratory section.
- Use the fill-in box to request additional laboratory materials or assistance.
- Submit all the necessary safety documents. Refer to the Safety section of your Beam Time Request, the SSRL Safety page, or the Safety Office for further guidance.
- Optional planning:
- Schedule your annual Lab Training appointment.
- Submit your User Access Agreement.
- Search for chemicals available in the Sample Preparation Laboratories.
- Search our laboratory equipment and check out lists.
- Browse Rapid Access availability and submit a one page proposal.
The SMB Laboratories in building 120 include a general use "wet lab" (Rm 257) and a separate glove box room (Rm 260).
The SMB laboratory in building 131 is a general use wet lab, but contains a glove box along with many other pieces of equipment.
The MEIS Lab is also a general use wet lab, but with an emphasis on trace metal analysis. This lab contains Coy anaerobic chambers rather than glove boxes.
Fill out a User Access Agreement in order to use SSRL's lab resources.